Take This Job And Love It! (Week 1)

Dear North Ridge Family,

What is typically the toughest time of the week for you? In 2013 Monster.com conducted a poll that found 81% of Americans said they get the “Sunday Night Blues” and 59% said they get them“really bad.” The Sunday Night Blues are a real deal and happen because most people just aren’t that wild about their work and they dread what lies ahead in the work week to come. Why do some people love their work and others don’t? Can you have more joy in your job? Is there a way God can make your work work?

Join us this Sunday as we begin a great new series called “Take This Job And Love It” which will provide answers to these common questions and others.  Whether you are part of the 81% of Americans who sometimes struggle with the Sunday Night Blues (or part of the other 19% who sometimes fib!), come by the church voted “best in the west” (by me!) at 9:00 AM, 10:30 AM or 5:00 PM. It’s going to be a wonderful week and I hope you’ll invite a friend to join us as we tackle this timely topic that everyone can relate to. 

Okay, time for me to get back to work. Thanks for taking the time to let me visit with you. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate you and what a blessing it is to be on this journey with you and our North Ridge family. I can’t wait to see you and your crew on Sunday. Have a wonderful weekend!

Together In His Love,

 

 

Pastor Mike

 

Some Of This Coming Week’s Scripture Passages:                           (Your One-A-Day Vitamin)

Sunday

Ecclesiastes 5:18-19 This is what I have observed to be good: that it is appropriate for a person to eat, to drink and to find satisfaction in their toilsome labor under the sun during the few days of life God has given them—for this is their lot. Moreover, when God gives someone wealth and possessions, and the ability to enjoy them, to accept their lot and be happy in their toil—this is a gift of God.

Monday

Ecclesiastes 4:7-8 Again I saw something meaningless under the sun: There was a man all alone; he had neither son nor brother. There was no end to his toil, yet his eyes were not content with his wealth. “For whom am I toiling,” he asked, “and why am I depriving myself of enjoyment?” This too is meaningless— a miserable business!

Tuesday

Proverbs 22:29 Do you see someone skilled in their work? They will serve before kings; they will not serve before officials of low rank.

Wednesday

Deuteronomy 15:10-11 Give generously to them and do so without a grudging heart; then because of this the Lord your God will bless you in all your work and in everything you put your hand to. There will always be poor people in the land. Therefore I command you to be open handed toward your fellow Israelites who are poor and needy in your land.

Thursday

1 Timothy 5:8 Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

Friday

Colossians 3:22-23 Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to curry their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord. Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters….

Saturday

2 Thessalonians 3:6 In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we command you, brothers and sisters, to keep away from every believer who is idle and disruptive and does not live according to the teaching you received from us.